3 lb turnip
1 lb rice flour
4 cups water (including juice from cooking turnip)
Dried black mushrooms
2 tsp salt
1 tsp chicken powder
2 tsp sugar
1) Soak dried mushrooms in water for a few hours to soften. Squeeze out excess water and dice. Soak dried shrimps. Drain and set aside. Dice Chinese sausages. Set aside.
3) Heat a wok with a few teaspoons of oil. Saute the diced mushrooms, sausages and shrimps for a few minutes. Take out and set aside.
5) Spoon out the turnip juice in a measuring cup and add enough water to 4 cups.
6) Put rice flour in a large bowl. Add the 4 cups of liquid and mix until well blended.
|this turnip gave me about a cup of juice|
|add water to the juice to 4 cups|
8) Scope the mixture evenly to the two dishes and steam for 40-50 minutes.
1) Try to pick turnip that feels heavy. If one turnip weighs 3 lb or more, it should be a fresh and juicy one.
2) "Flying Horse" is the brand I use for rice flour.
3) Adjust the cooking time accordingly if different size pans are used.
2) 粘米粉是rice flour, 我用飛馬牌flying horse.