It only has a few major ingredients--water, sugar, glutinous flour, and banana flavoring--but the right ratio is important to bring out the best texture. I have been searching and experimenting a long time for a good recipe. Some make it by steaming raw glutinous flour while others use cooked flour to make the roll without further steaming. The following recipe from another blogger has the best texture with the right ratio of glutinous flour, wheat starch, and tapioca flour and it is super easy to make.
Recipe modified from: Anncoo Journal
過去尋找及試驗了很久，都找不到令我滿意的食譜，現在終於找到了(anncoo journal)。其實它的主要成份很簡單: 水、糖、糯米粉及香蕉香油，但成份比例要恰當才有好的口感，做法是超容易，自己動手做啦!
75g glutinous flour 糯米粉
20g wheat starch 澄麵
8g tapioca flour 木薯粉
70g sugar 糖
100g water 水
3/4 tsp banana flavoring 香蕉香油
cooked glutinous flour 熟糕粉
Optional: red food coloring 紅色食用色素
1) Sift glutinous flour, wheat starch and tapioca flour into a bowl.
2) Dissolve sugar in the 100g of water. Add the flour and stir well.
3) Grease a dish and pour the mixture on it. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
4) Brush a thin layer of food coloring on top and let it cool for 10 minutes.
5) Roll it up and dust with cooked glutinous flour to prevent sticking. Cut into desired length and serve. It can be kept at room temperature for a few days.
The steaming time is for your reference only. If you have a big pan and use more batter then it needs longer time.