Raspberry is often referred to as the king of berries. It is often used to make all kinds of yummy desserts. When it is paired with the other king of nuts--almond, it makes a superb tart.
Ingredients to make one 9" round or one 14"x4" rectangular tart:
one 9" Pâte Sablée Tart Shell (click here for recipe)
Almond Cream 杏仁醬:
70g almond flour 杏仁粉
70g powdered sugar 糖粉
70g unsalted butter, softened 室溫無鹽牛油
3/4 tsp cornstarch 粟粉
1 tsp cake flour 低筋麵粉
1 egg, large 大蛋
1 tbsp dark rum 朗姆酒
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 雲呢哪香油
250g/2 cups fresh raspberry 新鮮紅桑子
1/2 cup raspberry jam 紅桑子果醬
1) Make the tart shell a day ahead. Line it on a tart ring or pan and poke holes. Keep it refrigerated until ready to bake.
2) Preheat oven to 325F.
3) Sift the almond flour, cornstarch, cake flour and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
4) Put the soft butter, salt and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle to mix for one minute in medium speed. Scrape the bowl and add the flour mixture. Mix for another minute.
5) Add the egg and rum. Mix until incorporated.
6) Take the tart shell from the refrigerator and fill in with the almond cream.
7) Level the top and bake for 40 minutes or until the crust and the cream are golden brown.
8) Let it cool completely and remove the tart ring or pan.
9) Spread a thin layer of jam and arrange raspberries on top. Dust with powdered sugar right before serving, in room temperature.
1) Do not over mix or beat in high speed when preparing the almond cream. If too much air is incorporated, it will puff up in the oven and collapse afterwards.
2) Butter and egg must be in room temperature.
3) The tart is best to be served the same day.