Monday, November 11, 2013
Tuna Strudels 香脆吞那魚卷
What comes to your mind when you think of an appetizer ? Savory, finger food, easy to prepare, may be crunchy, etc? This appetizer fits all of the above. I use honey mustard as a sauce to make it really appetizing. All the ingredients are store bought, which made it exceptionally easy to make. Not counting the time the fillo sheets need to defrost, it only takes 30-45 minutes from start to finish. A great party or potluck choice !
如果提到開胃小吃你會想起些什麼呢? 咸點、簡單容易做、香脆,等等? 這款小食肯定附合以上所有條件。酥皮可以買現成的,吞拿魚是用礶頭的,醬汁我選用了蜂蜜味的芥末,特別開胃,能夠刺激食慾。我只用了約半小時至四十五分鐘(不計將酥皮解凍的時間)便有得食了!
Ingredients to make 2 strudels:
10 pieces of fillo sheets, defrosted
1 can tuna, 7oz
2-3 tbsp honey mustard sauce
1 scallion, finely chopped
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (or use cooking spray)
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1) Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
2) Drained water from tuna. Mix with honey mustard and scallion and set aside.
3) Carefully unroll the fillo dough. Put one sheet on a flat surface and gently brush with butter. Sprinkle about 1-2 tsp bread crumbs. Put another sheet of fillo on top and repeat the process until you have 5 sheets piled up. (Put a lightly damp towel on the remaining fillo to keep it pliable)
4) Spoon half of the tuna on the edge of the long side of the fillo. Roll the dough tightly around the tuna. Put it on the baking sheet with the seam side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
5) Brush the top of the strudels with butter. Using a sharp knife, score the strudels diagonally at about 1 1/2 inch intervals and bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are nicely golden. Slice along the scored lines and serve warm.
1) This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
2) Handle the fillo with care. They are very brittle. After defrosting overnight in the refrigerator, take it out to warm up to room temperature before using. It is recommended not to re-freeze the dough once it is defrosted.
3) Tuna can be replaced by crab meat or other cooked fish or meat.