The amount of ingredients below is for your reference only. What is really important is how you prepare the rice.
3 cups sweet rice, either round or long grain
1 cup regular rice, such as jasmine rice
black mushroom, soaked, drained and diced
small dried shrimp, soaked, drained
Chinese sausage, diced
green onions and cilantro for garnish, optional
1) Use a bowl large enough to hold the rice. Cover the rice with water and let it soak overnight, or at least for 6 hours. Add more water if it has been absorbed by the rice.
2) Drain the rice using a colander. Steam the rice using high heat for 30-40 minutes.
3) Steam the diced mushroom, shrimp and sausage for 10 minutes.
4) Let the rice cool down for about 5 minutes. Put the rice in a colander and run it under tap water for a minute. Drain well.
5) Heat up a wok and put one to two tablespoons of oil. Stir fry the sausage, mushroom and shrimp for a minute.
6) Add the cooked rice and stir to mix well for a few minutes to heat the rice. Add salt and soy sauce to taste. Serve warm and garnish with green onion and cilantro.